People often assume that there will be court battles when going through a relationship breakdown. In fact, the majority of separated couples are able to come to an agreement and there are various means of achieving this.
Rosewood Solicitors are specialist family solicitors with a particular niche for divorce mediation in Surrey. We help families protect what matters most to them, creating an environment where decisions can be met amicably where possible. This allows for a smooth transition into a new life with security and ample support after a divorce.
About Mediation and Processes
People often assume that there’s no other option aside from tense court battles commence when it comes to involving divorce solicitors, however this isn’t the case.
Most separated couples can come to an amicable agreement outside of court through one of several ways:
- Round table meetings - Through negotiations between solicitors in correspondence, which we refer to as ‘round-table’ meetings. Once an agreement both parties are happy with is reached, it will be signed and submitted to the court for approval.
- Mediation - Often recommended by the courts, divorce mediation encourages communication between both parties, meaning you are much more likely to stay on good terms with one another once divorce proceedings are settled. It is also a much more cost effective than court.
Sitting down with our team of mediation solicitors will help you reach an agreement on how your assets will be divided, as well as other matters relating to children or child custody. An impartial mediator will meet with you and your spouse to facilitate discussions and guide you towards reaching an amicable agreement.
Mediation is voluntary but, attending a Mediation Information session (known as a MIAM) is compulsory before issuing finance or children proceedings, unless you qualify for an exemption. You can find more details on this on our Family Law page.
Why Choose Rosewood Solicitors?
Experiencing a divorce or separation is never easy, which is where our experienced team can ease the burden. Rosewood’s family solicitors take the time to listen to your needs and make the unknown clear.
Our experts guide you through every aspect of the process, addressing your concerns and keeping you informed throughout. Armed with all the facts, you can make the well-informed decisions needed for your family.
In such difficult times, you need an empathetic, understanding solicitor on your family’s side. Allow our team to assist you and get in touch today to start the process
Frequently Asked Questions About our Divorce Mediation Services
What are the benefits of divorce mediation?
- It allows for a calmer and more stress-free approach.
- It is much more cost effective than going through the courts.
- Each individual is heard and can express themselves and their concerns.
- You are more likely to finish proceedings cooperatively, which is particularly beneficial for children.
Where possible mediation is used to resolve matters relating to a divorce rather than through the courts. This is to avoid unnecessary court costs and lengthy proceedings.
Who pays for divorce mediation?
If you are invited to mediation, it is expected that you will pay for your fees, unless you are eligible for Legal Aid, or your ex-partner has offered to pay for it.
Often both parties have agreed to medication before the session, meaning this is something that will be paid for equally by both parties.
How can you help me with my divorce?
We act for all kinds of families, with a variety of backgrounds, including both high net worth and international clients.
Our team of divorce mediation solicitors provide advice on all aspects of family law whilst maintaining complete discretion. Therefore, we never lose sight of the fact that every case is different and aim to provide a highly professional service tailored to your circumstances.
As members of Resolution, we work to the Resolution’s Code of Practice which means we do our best to reach an amicable settlement whilst protecting your best interests. We offer a free initial consultation see if we’re the right fit for you and your family, all you need to do is contact us.
We can also help you with a range of family related legal matters, including:
- Cohabitation agreements (Living together agreements)
- Pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements
- Divorce and relationship breakdown
- Dissolution of Civil Partnerships
- Islamic Divorce
- International family disputes
- Financial claims and settlements
- Children Matters
- Same-sex relationships
If you think our divorce mediation services are for you, simply call us on 01483 901414 or through your preferred method on our contact page.