We are committed to providing a high quality legal service to our clients. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we have provided then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.

In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage. If for any reason you are not satisfied with the service which you receive and remain unhappy after discussing it with the lawyers dealing with your case, you can raise the matter with Emma Patel, who is the Complaints Handler of Rosewood Solicitors.

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

Our complaints handling procedure

Please express your complaint to us in written form, outlining your specific concerns. This assists us in comprehending and addressing your complaint effectively.

If you wish to initiate a complaint through this process, kindly send an email to Emma Patel at

Alternatively, you have the option to send a letter to the Lawyer handling your case or the Supervising Partner, requesting that your complaint be directed to Emma Patel.

We will then:

  • acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days of us receiving the complaint.
  • investigate your complaint. There will be no costs involved for investigating your complaint.
  • respond to your complaint within 15 business days after we receive it. In the event that we require more time to address your concerns, we will notify you accordingly. Most cases find resolution during this phase. Nevertheless, should you continue to be dissatisfied, you are welcome to correspond with us once more to detail your concerns.

What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint

If your complaint remains unresolved to your satisfaction after an 8-week period or if you remain dissatisfied after receiving our final response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Legal Ombudsman. The Legal Ombudsman stipulates that complaints should be submitted to them within a year from the date of the action or oversight that gives rise to your concern, or within a year from the time you become aware of the concern. It is also essential to direct your concerns to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving our final response.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please find below their contact details:


Telephone: 0300 555 0333


Post: Legal Ombudsman PO BOX 6167, Slough, SL1 0EH

If we are unable to successfully address your complaint, you also have the choice to engage with an alternative organisation that specialises in handling complaints about legal services. This option is available if both you and our firm decide to pursue such a recourse.

Upon concluding the complaints process, we will communicate whether we consent to involving an alternative complaints body.

We truly value receiving your feedback on our services and appreciate any insights on how we can enhance them. Rest assured that any complaint is treated with the utmost seriousness, and if you do have valid grounds for dissatisfaction, we will conduct a thorough investigation.

If you are dissatisfied with our conduct, including instances of dishonesty, mishandling funds, or unfair treatment based on factors like age or disability, you are entitled to voice your concerns to our regulatory body, the Solicitors Regulation Authority. For guidance on how to raise such concerns, you can refer to their website: visit the SRA website.