Child Maintenance Solicitors in Woking and Basingstoke

Rosewood Solicitors are specialists in the child maintenance and support aspect of family law, assisting separated families and ensuring the required needs of the children are met by both parents, including the parent who the child/children does/do not live with for most of the time. 

Whether you are looking to set up a new child agreement, change an existing agreement, or are unsure what to do next if child maintenance payments have stopped, our experienced child support lawyers are on hand to assist you throughout your case. Get in touch with our specialists today.

When a relationship breaks down, the legal processes that follow can become long, complicated, and stressful, especially when children are involved. Our team of child maintenance solicitors work hard to secure the appropriate level of financial support for your child whilst minimising the impact of your separation to ensure a smooth transition into your new life.

Each family has its own unique set of circumstances, so we approach each case with empathy and without judgement. Contact us today for a free, initial consultation to assess your needs.

About our Child Support Solicitors and Processes 

Often the breakdown of a relationship can leave you feeling hurt and anxious, and the added concern of the emotional impacts on your children, as well as the practicalities of child arrangements and financial support, can leave you feeling overwhelmed. This is where our child maintenance team can help.

To reach an agreement regarding child maintenance you can:

  1. Reach a consensus between both parents out of court- this is typically the cheapest and fastest way to reach an agreement.
  2. Going through the child maintenance service- you may accrue extra charges for involving them in your case, but they will calculate child maintenance payments.
  3. Using a court order- When neither of the above 2 options are possible, going through the courts and getting a judge to enforce a child maintenance order.

Why Choose Rosewood Solicitors? 

Our family law specialists at Rosewood Solicitors have years of working on both a national and international scale, helping families come to a happy resolution to provide the support their children deserve.

We take the time to understand your personal experience and concerns, allowing us to appropriately advise our clients throughout proceedings and support you in making difficult choices while we build a strong and consistent case.

At Rosewood Solicitors we understand that advocating security and support for your children can seem daunting and complicated. However, with the right guidance from our team of expert family solicitors and child support lawyers, the process can be made much smoother so you can rely on our expertise to guide you through the process as hassle-free as possible.

Frequently Asked Questions About our Child Support Services 

Can a mother or father refuse to pay child support? 

The simple answer is yes. Any parent can refuse to pay however, if they fail to make the required payments, the parent in question can be taken to court for failing to adequately support their child.

All parents have a legal responsibility to provide financially for their children, even if they no longer live with them and are separated from the child’s other parent.

Do you have to pay child maintenance if you have 50/50 Custody?  

If the day-to-day care of a child is shared equally between both parents, and this can be proven, then child maintenance will not need to be paid.

This will include 50/50 time spent with each parent as well as costs split equally for food, clothes, birthdays and more. This has the capability to be exploited by some, so be sure that you both come to a legally bound fair solution before starting this arrangement.

Do women have to pay child maintenance? 

In short, yes, the mother of your children is entirely required to pay child maintenance if they are not the full-time caregiver.

People often assume that within child maintenance cases, it is the mother attempting to secure payment from the father. However, in circumstances where mothers aren’t the primary caregiver, they are also required by law to pay child maintenance to the children’s father if they mainly provide the care and living arrangements.

What else we do? 

To seek support from a member of our team for child maintenance claims or any of our other services, simply call us on 01483 901414 or through your preferred method on our contact page. 

Children matters enquiry form